Principal Statistician / Statistics Manager - Oncology
West London, UK
Req No.: 42393

Basic Qualifications-
With at least an MSc in Statistics (or equivalent), you will have
experience working as a statistician within a pharmaceutical setting. Your
experience should include Preparation of Reporting and Analysis Plans
(RAP), Reporting and Analysis of clinical trials, protocol design, sample
size calculation and protocol development, substantial interaction with
the FDA and MHRA. You will also have demonstrated an ability to make an
impact within a cross-functional team as a lead statistician for a major
submission.

Preferred Qualifications-
PhD in Statistics (or equivalent)
The use of innovative statistical methods in clinical development,
external presence and experience in oncology are desirable.

Details-
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and
healthcare companies and has committed to launching 5 new Oncology
products in the next 3 years. There are exciting new opportunities for
statisticians and programmers working in Research and Development at UK
and US sites to be a part of this success. We currently have a vacancy at
our West London site for an experienced statistician to support the
development of new drugs, including targeted therapies, in our Oncology
portfolio.

As a member of a team of skilled and committed statisticians and
programmers, you will use your statistical expertise to contribute to the
design and analysis of Phase II-IV clinical trials in oncology,
interpretation of results, and subsequent use of the results for
regulatory submissions and publications. You may also research innovative
statistical methodologies for study design and analysis to enhance
clinical development strategies. Working closely with physicians, clinical
research scientists, regulatory colleagues and data managers (US and UK
based) you will utilise your excellent team-working and planning skills to
provide quality input into international clinical development programmes.

This role spans a range of job grades within the company. Your exact
responsibilities will depend on demonstration of the required technical
skills, proven experience with clinical development and behavioural
competencies.

When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line
application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this
role, as outlined in the job requirements above. Thank you for your
interest in this opportunity. The information that you have provided in
your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.

Please note – This role will initially be based at our Greenford site, but
will be moving to our Stockley Park site towards the end of 2007.

To Apply:
At GlaxoSmithKline we provide a supportive working environment, and a
range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer
competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to
retain the very best.  For confidential consideration and efficient
processing, please apply online via our career pages at
http://www.gsk.com/careers/uk-saa-jobsearch.htm  Enter requisition number
42393 to be taken directly to this vacancy.