well, it's sad for me, anyhow- yesterday i happened to walk past the cafe in Bristol where the JSM idea was hatched one summer afternoon in 2002, where far too much coffee was consumed and too much griping was done about the dearth of publication angles for this field and it became obvious to Alison Butler and myself that if we didn't do something instead of complaining it would always be thus.....

and the cafe is gone, being redeveloped into something else entirely

not exactly a "Shakespeare's house being demolished" event of literary history, but a somewhat sad sight

dave e