In the spirit of the knowledge-based european economy I can report that the
combination of a €20 note and 'export' strength Gordon's Gin (47.3%) does
not produce a satisfactory combination for this experiment!

I think this is due to the not very sorptive properties of the euro (you can
wash them repeatedly) and the fact that burning Gin does not have a
particulalrly visible flame. Ouch.

Yours - with singed fingers and no H&S officer

Tim 'Belge' Reynolds

>From: Jonathan Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Quick experiment/ demo
>Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:25:10 +0100
>
>On 17 Sep 2007, at 14:02, Matt Bagley wrote:
>
>>Thanks, all of those are ace! Sadly, were fighting against an anti- fun,
>>anti-anything, anti-everything health and safety officer so I  wont be
>>able to do many of them, but Im thinking I might sell  tickets to an
>>after-show party in the car park afterwards as its  probably more
>>profitable than the contract were bidding for anyway.
>>
>>Many thanks all, you've been a great help. Im just off to pre-singe  my
>>eyebrows in an act of pre-emptive spite to upset the H&S  stormtrooper.
>>That'll learn him.
>
>I'm always quite partial to the non-burning £5 note; You dunk a bank  note
>in spirits (if memory serves, 40% alcohol vodka doesn't work,  but 45%
>Scotch does), pull it out... and set fire to it. What  happens, of course,
>is that the alcohol burns off leaving the bank  note wet but otherwise
>unharmed.
>
>With a suitable bit of business you can spin this out into something
>really quite funny, I'd have thought. Still won't keep the H&S people
>happy, though it's not even as risky as a flaming Christmas pudding,  if
>that helps any. Note that it's a bit too repeatable if there are  children
>present, however.
>
>Good luck!
>
>	Jonathan.
>
>--
>Jonathan Sanderson
>'If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.' (Pascal)

>1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
>send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:
>set psci-com nomail
>2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:
>set psci-com mail
>3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
>message:
>leave psci-com
>4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list
>archive,
>can be found at the list web site:
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html
>5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and
>science
>and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk

Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk