Hi Zarinah

We have taken the approach of individualizing the subject ROI's. One way to do this is to calculate
group statistics to get various maxima of activation. Then select individual subject ROI's with
centers within some "acceptable" distance of the group activation. Depending on the site of the ROI
and your hypotheses this could range from a few mm to perhaps a cm.  We usually threshold the
individual maps around 0.001 uncorrected so that the visible voxels likely have something to do
with the contrast (vs. using a threshold of 1 where many voxels would have no relationship to the
contrast).

In some cases, however, subjects will not have any activations at the appropriate location. Those
subjects may have to be dropped from the PPI analysis.

darren

==============Original message text===============