Hi Heather

One of the best examples I have seen to date with streaming video within
a VLE involved using Studywiz from Etech. The school in question run the
Studywiz server onsite on a midrange Apple computer and have added a
piece of software called Clickview.

Clickview separates the content into chapters before you upload it so it
allows you to stream either in chapters or the whole session real-time
and without breaks or pauses, very impressive when compared to Quicktime
streaming.

The school are 75% wireless as well which does not create a problem in
any way, the video is just linked into to VLE but runs from the
Clickview server I believe and the quality is excellent. I hope this
helps and please do not hesitate to come back to me if you need more
info.

Kind regards

Chris Mcfall
ICT Strategy Communications Manager