MSc in The City
The University of Edinburgh
A new inter-disciplinary programme that is focused on the city and its fortunes in a global frame.

http://www.ace.ed.ac.uk/city/

What is the city? A form to be designed? An image to be projected? An object to be conserved? A community to be resourced? A structure to be diagnosed? An infrastructure to be maintained? A problem to be solved? An event to be narrated? A text to be read? A space where rights are claimed? A field to be activated?

And how do we approach the city? By mapping it, drawing it, recording it, celebrating, resisting, subverting, jamming?

We invite you to join us in questioning the city: to explore how it has been represented and diagnosed in the past; to encounter significant traditions of urban scholarship, both theoretical and methodological; to comprehend the variety of city lives and processes, both in western and other contexts; and to experiment in new modes of representation, analysis, and city building.

Professor Jane M Jacobs
Chair in Cultural Geography
Institute of Geography
School of GeoSciences