From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of alistair galley
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 6:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] dicom import in spm5

dear spm list,

i have trouble with dicom import in spm 5.

if i select the .dcm files, the output directory, and the default conversion options (single image and  icedims 'no')

I get the following error

Initialising SPM.........done

SPM present working directory:
    C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\work
--------------------------
Running "DICOM Import"
   Changing directory to: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\work\SPM_data\
??? Reference to non-existent field 'Private_0029_1210'.

Error in ==> spm_dicom_convert>write_spectroscopy_volume at 613
nc = get_numaris4_numval(hdr{1}.Private_0029_1210,'Columns');

Error in ==> spm_dicom_convert>convert_spectroscopy at 600
    write_spectroscopy_volume(hdr(i),root_dir,format);

Error in ==> spm_dicom_convert at 47
    convert_spectroscopy(spect,root_dir,format);

Error in ==> spm_config_dicom>convert_dicom at 96
spm_dicom_convert(hdr,'all',job.root);

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1474
        feval(prog,val);

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1482
            run_struct1(c.val{i});

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1482
            run_struct1(c.val{i});

Error in ==> spm_jobman>run_job at 417
    run_struct1(c);

Error in ==> spm_jobman>serial at 2039
run_job(jobs);

Error in ==> spm_jobman at 70
            serial(varargin{2:nargin});

??? Error using ==> spm_jobman('serial','','jobs.util.dicom');
Reference to non-existent field 'Private_0029_1210'.

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

in terms of troubleshooting i have done the rather inelegant option of trying all combinations of conversion options, on two different computers each with different versions of matlab, before and after
running SPM_update. so i conclude i am doing something really basic wrong, but i dont know what.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

best wishes

al