Hi Ryan

Any filtering performed outside SPM will compromise the statistic to
some extent, unless SPM is informed about the degrees of freedom used
by the filter. There are several papers on filtering fMRI data, in
case you are interested, most of my viewpoints on this subject is
included in a NeuroImage paper from January 2006. "Non-White Noise in
fMRI: Does modelling have an impact?

Best

Torben Ellegaard Lund
Assistant Professor, PhD
The Danish National Research Foundation's Center for Functionally
Integrative Neuroscience (CFIN)
Aarhus University
Aarhus University Hospital
Building 30