Hi,

> I wonder if anyone out there has any experience with the new Matlab
> distributed computing engine and how it might work with imaging analyses? Is
> it helpful over the home-made alternatives such as bash scripting matlab
> jobs? Some colleagues are thinking of purchasing it so any thoughts would be
> welcome.

I've never used the distributed computing engine, but bash / python
scripts work pretty well.  Here's a crude first attempt I used a long
time ago:

http://phiwave.sourceforge.net/howto_parallel/

Given the advantages of python for this kind of job (free, good OO
model, well-developed parallel stuff, ability to call matlab), that's
the way I'm planning to go.  I would be happy to hear from anyone
interested as a spur to get writing.

See you,

Matthew