try to use ghostview/ghostscript instead of Acrobat:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Its is open source (GPL), very fast and works for me with SPM created PS
files on linux, so I guess the windows version should work too. And it
can create PDFs as Adobe can.

Cheers,

Bas

Goldstone, Tony schreef:

> I am currently unable to view the Postscript files (.ps) created by
> SPM5 during batch pre-processing.
>
> The following error occurs when trying to convert the .ps file to a
> .pdf file using Acrobat Distiller 7.0.

> PDF\Settings\High Quality Print.joboptions
>
> %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: Narrow ]%%
>
> Stack:
>
> /Arial
>
> %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
>
> %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%
>
> Distill Time: 0 seconds (00:00:00)
>
> **** End of Job ****

> below) but I could not find any response / solution to this on the SPM
> list.
>
> Does anyone have any solution to this?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tony

> Dr. Tony Goldstone MA MRCP PhD
>
> Senior Clinician Scientist in Metabolic Imaging
> Hon Consultant Endocrinologist and Clinical Senior Lecturer
> MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London
>
> Robert Steiner MRI Unit
> Hammersmith Hospital
> Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN
> United Kingdom
>
> Work Tel: + 44 (0)20 8383 1029
> Work Fax: + 44 (0)20 8743 5409
>
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
>                                                 Date:         Wed, 23
>                                                 Aug 2006 10:43:52 +0200

>                                                 Sender:       "SPM
>                                                 (Statistical
>                                                 Parametric Mapping)"
>
>                                                 From:         Juergen
>                                                 Haenggi
>
>                                                 Subject:      SnPM and
>                                                 its postscript files

>                                                 Dear SPM users
>
>                                                 we had run SnPM
>                                                 analysis but were
>                                                 unable to convert the
>                                                 resulted postscript
>
>                                                 files into PDF files.
>                                                 The following error
>                                                 occured:
>
>                                                 %%[ Error: undefined;
>                                                 OffendingCommand:
>                                                 NARROW ]%%
>
>                                                 Stack:
>
>                                                 /ARIAL
>
>                                                 %%[ Flushing: rest of
>                                                 job (to end-of-file)
>                                                 will be ignored ]%%
>
>                                                 %%[ Warning:
>                                                 PostScript error. No
>                                                 PDF file produced. ] %%
>
>                                                 Dauer: 0 Sekunden
>                                                 (00:00:00)
>
>                                                 **** Auftragsende ****
>
>                                                 Unfortunately, some
>                                                 postscript files can
>                                                 be converted and
>                                                 others not!
>
>                                                 Thanks a lot in advance
>
>                                                 Best regards
>
>                                                 Juergen
>
>                                                 ----------------------------------------------
>
>                                                 Juergen Haenggi, Ph.D.
>                                                 student
>
>                                                 Neuropsychology and
>                                                 Imaging
>
>                                                 Division of Psychiatry
> [...]

Dr. S.F.W. Neggers
Division of Brain Research
Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neuroscience
Utrecht University Medical Center

Visiting : Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht
           Room B.01.1.03
Mail     : Huispost A.01.126, P.O. Box 85500
           3508 GA Utrecht, the Netherlands
Tel      : +31 (0)30 2509609  Fax      : +31 (0)30 2505443
E-mail   : [log in to unmask]
Web      : http://www.fmri.nl/people/bas.html