Dear Christopher,

both time scales are treated in the same manner in SPM. Which one you want
to use depends mostly on your stimulus presentation software: some
software will log events and scanner triggers in seconds, other software
may synchronise to your scanner trigger and log in units of your triggers.

Some things to remember:

* Time _always_ starts at zero - even if units of design is scans.
* You may specify onsets in fractions of your units (if your units are
scans, then 0.5 would specify an onset at 0.5*TR seconds).

I don't think negative onsets will work, but I may be wrong here.

Volkmar

--
Volkmar Glauche
-