-----Original Message-----
From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Professor Phil Race
Sent: Friday, 24 August 2007 4:47 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Like hens' teeth?

Is it just me, or do we sometimes underestimate the skills and background
needed to get the right people into enabling our technology-enhanced
learning developments - and offer salaries too low to get the right people
into these important roles? E.g. currently from SEDA jiscmail...

"You will train academic staff in existing and new opportunities afforded by
e-learning, provide on-going advice and technical support to all staff
involved in the implementation of e-learning and report on relevant
developments within the tertiary sector...: Salary: £20,458 -
£23,002 with progression to £25,134"

I think people who really can do all of this are very hard to find, and
deserve much better.

Phil Race