Is it just me, or do we sometimes underestimate the skills and background
needed to get the right people into enabling our technology-enhanced
learning developments - and offer salaries too low to get the right people
into these important roles? E.g. currently from SEDA jiscmail...

"You will train academic staff in existing
and new opportunities afforded by e-learning, provide on-going advice and
technical
support to all staff involved in the implementation of e-learning and
report on
relevant developments within the tertiary sector...: Salary: £20,458 -
£23,002 with progression to £25,134"

I think people who really can do all of this are very hard to find, and
deserve much better.

Phil Race