Dear Troika

This seems like a wise decision. The ranting was certainly starting to empty the hall and no doubt they will find other places to erect their soapboxes. I would like to join you in congratulating Alison for her restraint and courtesy and you for not making this decision too early. They certainly cannot complain that they were not given a full and fair hearing.

With best wishes

Ursula Huws

Ursula Huws

Professor of International Labour Studies

Working Lives Research Institute, London Metropolitan University

and Director of Analytica Social and Economic Research

web: www.analyticaresearch.co.uk

tel: +44 20 7226 8411

fax: +44 20 7226 0813

mobile: +44 7711 3292 67