That "cojones" is very strong, in Italian we have "coglioni" which means
testicles. It is an exclamation used as damned, fuck you, or any similar
expression, in English I don't think you have anything as strong.

One of the many typical things of Florence that are about to disappear with
very old people are their curses. There was an ill-famed bar (there were
many) that sold cigarettes and was open just about till dawn and there you
could hear some actual litanies of the worse species:

Ah la Madonna bucaiola figlia de tu ma' ...

cannot remember more but such a sing-song could continue for about fifteen
minutes in extemporaneous soliloquies of elderly drunkards. If you read Dino
Campana you can find the stench of those places and the human fauna that
dwelt there. Nothing explicitly political but very political fundamentally
if you read what you are reading.