From: "MJ Walker" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: poem revised

LA CIGALE ayant chanté
Tout l'Esté
Se trouva fort dépourveuë
Quand la Bize fut venuë -
La Fontaine (but he got it from an Oriental tale)
The cicada having sung/ all the summmer long/ finds itself without a
crumb/ when the winds of autumn come.
You could come to the South of France, although one doesn't actually see
them very often - they make an awful noise which has been described as a
maracas-like rattle. Their wings sort of cover their body like a roof,
unlike grasshoppers & such.
mj