It's incredibly easy not to have known about Situations. When I wrote
it, as an "epic newsletter," back in the print and snail mail days of
five years or so ago, I sent it to a small list of subscribers, about
100 people. And I wrote an episode a week, using the TV listings for
that week, which was a challenge I wouldn't have missed for the world,
and don't know if I could do again. Because not only did I not know
where the plot was going to go from week to week, I didn't know what
characters would be featured.

It was brought out in book form by Ye Olde Font Shoppe Press in
Connecticut, run by Victoria Rivas, who makes beautiful books but pretty
much leaves the rest of promotional process to the author, which means
bad luck if you're no good at it.

That's why I'm so grateful to Anny for providing a way to present it
again as it was originally intended to be read, in weekly installments.

I wanted to have a jazz background for the audio of "With Miles," and
was hoping to get my friend (and jazz legend0 David "Fathead" Newman,
but he was touring at the time.