thanks for the comments, Douglas...

yes, the first few lines... i started going in one direction and then
snapped in a different direction altogether... isn't it often that something
leads us to a poem which is really not, in the end, part of the poem?

interrupted the snap to feed the little man and lost my original snap of
thought...

in keeping with my usual snap, i include the word snap in the poem...

a snap, as my wordy offspring, a poem, is so much like a baby...

three or four reasons there... do they fly?

--
Bob Marcacci

Take long walks in stormy weather or through deep snows in
the fields and woods, if you would keep your spirits up.
Deal with brute nature. Be cold and hungry and weary.
 - Henry David Thoreau