Most definitely students should be able to see and change their reports
prior to submission, this is the strength of the learning.  What would
be the point of seeing plagiarism and not being able to do anything
about it?

Suzanne Ryan
MBA Program Coordinator
Newcastle Graduate School of Business
University of Newcastle
Callaghan  NSW  2308
Australia

Phone  +61 2 49 216015
Fax       +61 2 49 217398

www.gsb.newcastle.edu.au

>>> "Spence, Patricia A." <[log in to unmask]> 10/08/07 10:19 PM >>>
I agree with David and Suzanne, but I'd like to know whether others
allow students to make changes once they have seen their report, prior
to final submission (either using the Revision Assignment facility or
using the overwrite facility)?

I wonder whether seeing the originality report without being able to do
anything about it can sometimes cause students to panic. Even given
explanation, I think that students sometimes misunderstand what the OR
is telling them, particularly if they haven't used Turnitin before.

Patricia

Patricia Spence
Centre Manager
Centre for Learning & Teaching