I think the best and most powerful way for students to learn about
plagiarism is to see their own work and to have to figure out from their
originality reports what is correct and what is not.  It is also a good
opportunity for students to help each other in understanding how not to
plagiarise by sharing their reports.  We do this as a matter of policy
at the University of Newcastle, Australia.  It is also very good for Phd
students.

Suzanne Ryan
MBA Program Coordinator
Newcastle Graduate School of Business
University of Newcastle
Callaghan  NSW  2308
Australia

Phone  +61 2 49 216015
Fax       +61 2 49 217398

www.gsb.newcastle.edu.au

>>> Lisa Parker <[log in to unmask]> 10/08/07 1:19 AM >>>
Just a couple of quick questions to the list,

1) how many people restrict the students view of originality reports
and
if you do is it for all assignments or just their final assignment.

2) Do you believe that there are benefits to the students seeing their

originality scores, by improvements in their later assignments, or is
it
not necessary.

Many Thanks

Lis