From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Amanda Savage
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:09 AM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Drug & Alcohol Testing in the workplace

Hi Folks,
need a bit of support here.
My organisation wants to bring in drug & alcohol testing & I have
reservations. Initially it was to be handled by an outside company leaving
the OH service to remain impartial and free to deal with the fall out &
supporting employees. Now the organisation in their penny pinching wisdom
have said they want it be carried out in house (to save money). I am
against this and feel so strongly that if pushed I will resign. What I am
really looking for is the ethical side & guidance to stop us turning into
the 'Drug & Alchol police' which is highly likeley. Can anyone help?

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net