Dear Annette,

I use a wooden one; maybe wood is warmer than plastic or metal.

I believe you can get one in pure silver.

When I hear the fetal heart clearly (usually intrapartum; I work on labour
ward at present), I offer for the partner to listen, as it is very different
from hearing the FH electronically translated.

My pinard stethoscope is my own and is precious to me, as a symbol of
Midwifery and because I had to work very hard to learn to use it.

It is also the chosen symbol of the Association of Radical Midwives.

Kind regards,

Margy Hughes RM

The next generation of Hotmail is here!  http://www.newhotmail.co.uk