>all the time

this is interesting, especially on the carolingian angle, which I'll
try to follow up. I'm not familiar from the English material with
people being measured after the cure; it seems to be something done
before the cure (or whatever) as a way of creating a bond between the
individual and the saint. Sometimes it's accompanied by a vow; more
often it seems to stand, as it were, in the place of a vow, or to
carry with it an implied vow.

Sue

--
Susan J. Ridyard