Dear MCG members:

Further to our recent posting regarding the position of Digital Heritage Research Associate (see: http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/R3383-ra-ad.doc), another opportunity has arisen at the Department of Museum Studies at the University of Leicester, UK.

We are seeking expressions of interest from post-doctoral researchers with an exciting museum studies project which would benefit from a 9-10 month fellowship in the Department. Fellows are encouraged not only to conduct research but also to give lectures and seminars and to participate in the intellectual life of the institution.

This Leverhulme Visiting Fellowship:

*
	is for 9-10 months and must begin no later than February 2009
*
	has a living allowance of up to £1,750 per month
*
	pays for a return airfare between country of residence and the UK
*
	provides up to £700 towards travel and subsistence for conference attendance, research trips etc.

Eligibility:

*	candidates with less than 8 years post-doctoral research
*
	candidates must be citizens of, and resident in, a country other than the UK, and should intend to return to that country at the end of the Fellowship.

Applications should consist of the following:

*	Brief CV of candidate;
*	Summary of proposed research and other activities (around 100 wds);
*	Indication of duration;
*	Breakdown of costs and any internal or other external support provided.

Please refer to the attached Leverhulme Guidelines for more information on the regulations and requirements.

Please email your application to Dr Lisanne Gibson ([log in to unmask]) by 5pm (GMT) 21st September 2007. We will consider applications for submission of the best application to the University for consideration by the University's 8th October 2007 deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.

Please direct all enquiries to:

Lisanne Gibson BA, PhD (Griffith)
Department of Museum Studies
University of Leicester
105 Princess Road East
Leicester, LE17LG, UK
Ph: +44 (0) 116 252 5719
Email: [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,

Dr. Ross Parry
Lecturer
Department of Museum Studies
University of Leicester
105 Princess Road East, Leicester, LE1 7LG, UK
www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies
t: 0116 252 3963
f: 0116 252 3960