Dear listers

Before we get really involved with worrying about WiFi safety, bear in mind that the Panorama TV programme about WiFi safety was almost universally rubbished by all sides of the science community within minutes of the prog airing, and details of the Panoram team's 'research' becoming public.

Here's more - from a trusted tech sector media outlet: http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2190477/wifi-safety-concerns-slammed

And there's this from Ben Goldacre's great Bad Science Blog: http://www.badscience.net/?p=414

Wifi uses very, very weak digital signals that use a fraction of the power needed for mobile telecoms, for example, and lots less than many other forms of radion telecoms.

Worry more about mobile phone repeater masts...and also ask anyone in the police force about the radiation effects they are getting from their Tetra personal comms sets.

Over and out!

Jon

Jon Pratty
Editor

01273 623336 (direct)
01273 623266 (main office number)
07739 287392 (mobile)

The 24 Hour Museum
Your best guide to museums, galleries, arts and heritage
www.24hourmuseum.org.uk

www.show.me.uk - great stuff for kids from UK museums and galleries

Office 4
28 Kensington Street
Brighton
BN1 4AJ

Winner, Best of the Web award, Museums and the Web 2004
New Statesman New Media Awards 2002, 2005