Hello
Apologies for cross-posting.

A reminder about the 2007 CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group
Conference, "Imagining the text: the role of images in printed books", to be
held at the Wellcome Library, London, 12-14 September 2007.  If you are
thinking of coming along, please note that we need to receive your booking
forms by 31 August.

The conference will examine the role of illustrations in printed books from
the 16th century to the present day, from woodcuts to photographs.  It
offers an opportunity to examine illustrations, learn about exciting current
projects and visit some of the wonderful collections of images and
illustrated books to be found in London.  Visits and workshops will be held
at the British Library, National Art Library, British Architectural Library
and the Wellcome Library and the conference reception and dinner will be
held at the Royal Society.  The event is suitable for librarians, curators,
archivists, bibliographers, booksellers, and anyone who has a personal or
professional interest in the subject.

A programme of the events for the full three days, details of accommodation
in London, and a booking form are available from the Group's web site:
http://www.cilip.org.uk/rbscg

If you have further queries, please contact me (up till 11 August) or
Julianne Simpson at the Wellcome [log in to unmask] (after 15 August).
We will be happy to help.

All the best
Alison

Alison Cullingford