http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/learn

From: learning development in higher education network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bell, Rebecca
Sent: 31 July 2007 14:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re. Academic writing readers group

Hello Everyone,
Some of you may be aware that since Christmas we have been running an
Academic Writing Readers Group here at Nottingham Trent University. The
focus of the group is to provide a forum in which academics can discuss
current theory and practice in supporting and developing student
academic writing. The meetings use a current theoretical debate or paper
in the field to structure and lead the discussion which is often very
fruitful. The sessions have become very popular with debate from the
group often continuing between attendees via the universities e-mail
system. As facilitator for these sessions, I have been contacted by a
number of people throughout the HE sector inquiring about the project
and it has led to me to wonder if anyone else runs such a group. If
anyone has trialled or currently facilitates a similar group (whether
successful or otherwise) I would really like to hear from you.
With thanks
Becky
Rebecca Bell
Learning and Teaching Officer,
Centre for Academic Standards & Quality,
Nottingham Trent University,
37 Park Row,
Nottingham, NG1 4BU

DISCLAIMER:
This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private
and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee,
please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this
case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and
information in this email that do not relate to the official business of
Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by the University.
Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email
and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient
should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.
This is in keeping with good computing practice.