Dear all,

I am trying to find a way to describe the different aspects
of interconnection among various grid components of the gLite stack.

For this reason I have made an attempt to create a Dependability Matrix,
which albeit preliminary includes some factual aspects of the system,
or at least tries to present a probable draft picture of it,
assuming four base services (IP=network service, DNS, NTP, BDII):

             IP  DNS NTP BDII    GSI RB  LFC UI  SE  WN  CE  FTS/FPS
Depends on:
IP          -   X   X   X       X   X   X   X   X   X   X   X
DNS             -   X   X       X   X   X   X   X   X   X   X
NTP                 -           X
BDII                    -           X   ?   X   X       X   X

GSI                             -   X   X   X   X   X   X   X
RB                                  -       X
LFC                                     -   X               X
UI                                          -
SE                                          X   -
WN                                                  -   X
CE                                  X               X   -
FTS/FPS                                                     -

First, let me readily recognize that the matrix is perhaps incomplete,
if not at cases misleading :) (eg. WN can be as complex as UI)
Also, I have deliberately omitted services like VOMS, CA, MYPROXY,
although I am interested in them and intend to include them later on.

Here is my question now:

Is there any definite guide which could help us in finding out
the exact dependencies of all the middleware components, reliably?
Maybe there is something wrong up in that matrix, but who is to tell?

I know the ETICS project is doing a mapping of software components
and their dependencies, as seen in a single system installation,
but in this case I'm looking for the whole distributed system's relations!

btw.
If anybody is doing some related work, or any following keyword rings a bell:
PRA, FTA, FME(C)A, ETA, ESD, HRA, MLD, CCF and friends.... please contact me!

ps. - ref.
Probabilistic Risk Assessment Procedures Guide for
NASA managers and Practitioners, Dr. Michael Stamatelatos, August 2002

thank you in advance,
and enjoy your vacation for the ones still on the go :),

Fotis