As Richard noted, I suspect it's a cookie issue.  Specifically I suspect
it's the session ID cookie.

I don't know if Shib will handle this appropriately (I think it doesn't)
but to verify my assumption you could try adding the attribute
cookies="false" to your <Context/> description (either in
conf/context.xml or in a context deployment descriptor specifically for
the IdP).

--
Chad La Joie             2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware           202.687.0124