Thank you Harry.

So that confirms that the new system being proposed for all deaths with a medical examiner looking into the death and speaking to the doctors who have attended, the relatives and any nursing staff involved if appropriate will have to be available 24hours, or at least be around weekends and bank holidays.

I will feed that back via GPC

Trefor

From: GP-UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dr Harry Brown
Sent: 30 August 2007 15:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Does any religion object to signing cremation certificates? (GMC consultation)

For people for religious reasons who need to buried within 24 hours of death, the registrar of births and deaths offers an emergency service for registration of death out of hours-no one is allowed to be buried without the paperwork from the registrar of births and deaths. If it is a coroners case then there is no short cut unless at the discretion of the coroner

Hope that helps

Harry