Graham Balin wrote:
> Trefor Roscoe wrote:
>> Fel free to carry on
>>
>> GP-UK is dying slowly and anything that can keep it going is fine by me.
>>

> So why is that then? Is it the Drs.net forum?
> If so, why is it that people should prefer posting on a forum that is
> so sloooow compared to opening emails in an email client program? Is
> there something I'm missing here?
There is a backlash against openness, driven by the spreading of
openness, the growth of collaborative or social software such as
Facebook which tends to close access into a group, NSA, MI5 and the
""war" "against" "terror""'s desire to channel communications through
chokepoints andfilters and venture capital's tendency to seek
intermediation for profit.

The generation of new bubbles - more foam[1] - in the Internet is
irritating, although not wholly without merit in having a quiet
conversation with handy threading and  minutes.

[1]  if anyone hadn't noticed the domain is defoam.net  - no coincidence.