John Clegg wrote:
> I wonder if they mean preparatory or proprietary??
>
> If the latter then
If the latter then the boast ascribed to them earlier, that they only
use standards, looks like at least a small exaggeration.

I'd call ICal the stadnard XML interface for passing calendar
information, and I'd fruther say that not only is there no need for
anotehr way of doing it but that this is an act hostile to all users of
their and anyone else's software.

Ideally major public service IT procurements would avoid encouraging or
permitting such acts, and it would make excellent sense for public
services to require open interfacing to the standards we possess if only
for the selfish interests of the State.

Plus ca change
--
Midgley