On 29/08/2007, Declan Fox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> As Ian Banks put it a long time ago, GP is great if you don't do too
> much of it. He meant that to be taken at face value, ie that you should
> have a very satisfying time so long as you worked part-time.
> Dr M Lakhani is, almost certainly, part-time.

You have hit the proverbial upon the head once again, dear boy.

Much the same story in France where most GPs are full-time and, so my
contacts tell me, are suffering from "le burn-out" and increasingly
being sued by a dissatisfied public.

I think we can all agree that it's a great time to be a professor in
general practice.

Mike

--
Michael Leuty