Isn't that odd? I have never seen an insurance company ask for a
ferritin here as part of a battery of "routine" tests. They have yet to
cop on to that one!

Declan

<<sorry - i should have been clearer - the ferretin was part of the
battery of tests requested by the insurance company so i had no
discretion in this. just exemplifies the harm of ordering a test with no
underlying question behind it (other than an insurance company fishing
trip for poorly justified higher premiums).

probably worth doing ferretins in diabetic patients given the
haemachromatosis link with diabetes

adrian