I don't really know. That wee French study just caught my eye because it
was something so different from anything else I had read on isomers.
If it means anything at all then we have to see the difference in
clinical results and I think the experts say the clinical trials do not
show enough of a difference to justify the expense of escitalopram over
citalopram. Lundbeck say different, of course. My own impression is that
escitalopram is a cleaner drug and better for anxiety but that would be
almost meaningless, were it not for the fact that we all know there is a
big gap between our everday patients in the surgery and those who get on
to RCTs. And of course I am a dark agent of big pharma anyway since I
have earned maybe 2K in the last few years speaking at events organised
by Lundbeck.
But I have to agree with Adrian about the board drug advisers I have
encountered--nice people but second rate.
Declan

<<Our HB pharmacology adviser just shook his head wearily and declared
that "the jury is still out".  Is it?>>