Yes a bit more to this, isn't there? We do have wonderful approval
ratings here in the UK which must be the main reason nLabour hates us so
much. Problem is, we don't use our popularity. I was feeling a bit
cranky when I wrote that Brit pts have been indoctrinated by the
state--I think they have, to some extent, and they seem unable to put
the blame for poor services squarely where it belongs, but I think that
if we had leaders willing to forego their gongs and put their heads up
with shouts of Aux Armes Citoyens! now and again---which is what happens
in Canada--we would all be the better for it.
Declan

<<On 8/21/07, Declan Fox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 >> Jel
 >>
 >> <<Have been part of one day of job action by docs here over the last 6
 >> years.
 >> How many years is it since the docs in the UK stood up for themselves?>>
 >>
 >> And Canadian patients support their docs by and large when they take
 >> action. Brit patients have been indoctrinated by the state.
 >> Our BMA leaders and negotiators are not leaders and that is our problem
 >> here.
 >>
 >> Declan

I have to say our patients do support us. Any politician with the
approval ratings that we get from our patients would be cock-a-hoop!

Cheers Geoff