Yeah same here. Mixture of finding the whole damn setup too depressing
for words and keeping myself sane until I finish this locum.

Doing locum for a friend, average three days a week this month while he
is off on hols. 8.30 or 9 until around 7  or later, usually eat a
sandwich at the computer with a pile of letters, microbiology reports
(not on lab links yet). Resolved this time round that I would not stay
later than 8, that I would not come home to eat and go back in, that I
would not go in at weekends. Referrals and such are running about two
weeks behind and I am not terribly bothered by it because if necessary
I'll be cutting surgery sessions short next week to catch up before I
finish at end of August.

This goddamm slog is wearing me out and I am not doing it again. The
contrast with Canada is stark and I plan to go back over there for two
short locums between now and Xmas.

Declan

<<Just too depressed  :-(

I read this yesterday evening, having started work at 8.20am and
finished at 6.45 with 5 mins to eat my sandwich at lunch. I then sat
down in the evening to a load of work related emails etc.

They will never learn.

Cheers Geoff