Interesting. Possibly more old Oirish myths?? I really must check this
out in more detail!
Declan

<<Declan Fox wrote:folks, not doctors.

 >> Rationale goes back to the days of fond belief in saints and in good
 >> ordinary folks sometimes being canonised. I always heard that one of
 >> the criteria for sainthood was that the body had to be exhumed and
 >> show no signs of decay. Not sure how formalin comes into the
equation,I'm no expert on this. But anyway, if a body got cremated, that
buggered up that person's chance of ever being canonised.>>

Given the tendency of saints to have been martyred, it is strange and
seems unfair if none of them were burnt.

A quick Google gives:-
Bl. John Maki (Japanese, layman, martyred by burning in 1627 at Nagasaki)
Bl. Thomas Tsugi (Japanese, Jesuit priest, martyred by burning at Nagasaki)
for 7 September.
It all seems very disturbing.>>