Couldn't say. As I said, I am no expert on this but I have never heard
of a Catholic over here being cremated! So must be some substance to the
belief, if not the rationale for the belief.

Declan

<<ut surely if you were a candidate for sanctification then the flames
wouldn't be able to touch you anyway - thereby considerably shortening
the canonisation process.