Fay

i'd be interested in a contact email for this doc. i'm trying to set up
something similar for myself over the next few years. he may have some
important inputs regarding red tape.

i have been working in South Australia for the last eight years as a GP,
prior to that 10 years in Teesside as a GP (i'm a british national and UK GP
trained).

kids nearly through school now so for the last 10-15 years of my working
life i would like to spend say 4-5 months per year in the UK doing locums,
the rest back here in Aus' - do some travelling round the world while
oscillating between UK and Aus.

there is increasing red tape for this now with performers lists etc (which
needs rubber stamping of eligibility by regional deaneries). i need to
re-establish and maintain UK eligibility for my purposes. seems to be heaps
of regional variation to this from my preliminary research.

if anyone on this list has any specific advice or likely locums on an annual
or similar basis I would be very interested (maybe lots of young partners
having babies or maybe just good to get cover during the summer for holidays
on a predictable basis with someone you get to know to be reliable). for
starters I am looking at six months or so from August next year.

thanks.

Adrian Elliot-Smith

Mount Gambier
SA
(former GP-UK member eight years ago but predominantly a lurker here the
last couple of months or so)