Definitions of wine:

1) A beverage used to facilitate conviviation of acquaintances.  My prefered option.

2) Software that runs Windows applications under Linux and other versions of Unix running on an x86 PC. Wine runs Windows executables as they are. It executes them by trapping the calls from the application to the Windows interface (the Windows API), converting the arguments in the call where necessary and directing them to X Window routines, which perform the actual processing.  An option possibly utilised by the font of all It-wisdom, Adrain.

On 10/08/07, Mary Hawking < [log in to unmask]> wrote:
In message < [log in to unmask]>, Adrian Midgley
<[log in to unmask]> writes

>Mary Hawking wrote:
>> Does anyone have a URL for a good, preferably free, reference organiser?
>> TIA
>> MaryH
>> PS please don't say "why not use Access?"!
>pybliographer
>
>http://www.pybliographer.org/
>
>Worth looking at.

Thanks
On first glance it looks more technical and the user guide is in the
software: harder to see what it looks like without installing it first.

>Idealist is still good, not free, runs under Wine if you give up Windows.

Sorry, what's Wine?

--
Mary Hawking