Well, I used to be a FT GP and now do 3 days a week (or so) GP proper
and 1-2 days a week with computers.  I am happier for it but things
change and I could be doing FT GP again in years to come.  I am amazed
at you guys who can do 9 - 10 spw general practice for 30-40 yrs.
Well done.  I enjoy GP but I think you can have too much of a good
thing ;-)

Mind you, just managed a pt with a panic attack at 08:50 am then
straight into morning surgery proper.  I prefer those mornings where I
have a leisurely commute, can get my coffee and read the news before
seeing the punters.  Being phoned half way in to be told someone is
unable to breathe never does much for my sense of calm.

And this p'raps illustrates one of the difficulties GPUK ran into - we
like chatting about medicine, but as the list has evolved we have all
become much more wary of discussing cases for fear of confidence
breaches and mis-interpretation of our motives or approach.  It is a
public list.  Medicine has a long tradition of using dark humour to
cope with the sometimes unspeakable stuff with which we deal.  We have
learned to keep those conversations private.

dnuk is good to dip in and out of, but often seems quite militant.  I
do not find it always a friendly place.  Even the games forum is
pretty aggressive. :-(

What are the subscriber numbers of gp-uk at currently Tref?

--
Dr Paul Miller
Tel: 07711-346-928