 From the GMC consultation on personal beliefs etc.
http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/news_consultation/personal_beliefs.asp
"Completion of cremation forms
26.
You should not refuse to sign statutory cremation forms on the basis of
your own personal or religious objection to cremation. It is not
appropriate, in this situation, to advise relatives of their right to
see another doctor5, since there may be no other doctor in a position to
sign the form6. Refusal to sign the form could necessitate a referral to
the coroner and a post mortem, causing unnecessary delay and distress to
the relatives of the deceased patient."

Is there any religion which objects to cremation for non-believers if
that is the choice of the non-believer's relations? (I am using
"non-believers" as a term to cover anyone who does not belong to the
religion which is causing the doctor asked to sign the cremation form to
have a religious objection: the situation , presumably, would not arise
where the deceased belonged to the same religious persuasion)

Just curious - and I suspect that GP-UK is likely to include people who
would know the answer!

MaryH
--
Mary Hawking