Sent: Tue 28/08/2007 13:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Organising Mineral Collections

This is a bit of a straw poll really.

We have a decent mineral collection at Bolton, and I'm shortly moving it
to new storage units. At the moment it is, in theory, organised according
to the Hey classification system. In practice, it's got pretty
disorganised.

So, in the course of moving it to the new storage, I want to re-organise
it and locate specimens accordingly. Which means I'm looking for
recommendations as to what system to use.
Any opinions anyone cares to voice?
What system do you use, and why?

Thanks in advance,

David Craven