From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library on behalf of FSL automatic digest system
Sent: Sat 11-Aug-07 19:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FSL Digest - 10 Aug 2007 to 11 Aug 2007 (#2007-217)

Topics of the day:

  1. mcflirt for concatenated runs (2)
  2. post-stats on a group of .feat directories

Date:    Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:55:16 +0100
From:    Guido Biele <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: mcflirt for concatenated runs

Dear Steve, dear Stephane,=20

thanks for your responses!

I am aware that concatenating is generally discouraged. However, I fear t=
hat
my data is more messy than my first email suggested: We were running an
(event related) experiment where the conditions of interest are determine=
by participants decisions.
As a result, some types of decisions (conditions) were made infrequently =
and
are in addition scattered accross runs; lets say 0,4,10, and 11 events in=

runs 1,2,3, and 4, repectively.

Would you say that, for this kind of data, we get more reliable parameter=

estimetes by running a multi level analysis for each individual, compared=
concatenating runs?

best - guido

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:26:31 +0100, Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]> wr=
ote: