Hi Brad,

easiest is to use the command line version of melodic to do this. If all your data is in a common space and all other pre-proc has been done as well (motion correction, filtering, slice timing etc) then simply

(i) create a text file with all the file names in it, e.g.

ls /home/blah/study/blahblah/subject_X/data.nii.gz > filenames.txt

(ii) melodic -i filenames.txt -v --report -o outputdir.gica  -a tica --Tdes=tempdesign.mat -Tcon=tempdesign.con ...

if you replace tica by concat you'll get the concatenation approach.

An alternative is to just go ahead with the normal GI, switching the registration to lowest possible DOF and have the data re-registered into the common space (unfortunately also re-resampled ;)

hope this helps
Christian