Hi Guys:

We've had some problems with the installation on our Windows machines
and thought you be interested in some of our discoveries.

*Keyboard:*  FSL_vm loads a British mapping of the keyboard -- "not that
there's anything wrong with it" but when you try to fill out the
download form from within the newly installed virtual machine you can't
get an (@) character until your realize that this character is actually
buried beneath the (") key.  Also I never could figure out where the (|)
character was -- so changed to local keyboard mapping
(System-Preferences-Keyboard -LayoutsTab) -- In our case we added "U.S.
English" and made that the default.

*fsl_installer.sh*: The install script failed
-- I'm not sure we understand everything that is going on here but I
think this was happening for at least 3 reasons --

    * It seems like it wants a compiler (gcc) and that's apparently not
      part of the "minimal install of the CentOS 5 Linux distribution".
    * The script does not accept the password you give it - we think you
      have to update /etc/sudoers to include the "fsl" account to make
      this work
    * It also seems like it was failing because FSLDIR is not defined
      early enough (or that command failed for some other reason) so it
      couldn't  find the machine type.

*
Date/Time:* Finally, I changed the time zone
(System-DateTime-TimeZoneTab).  In that context -- When you hover over
"System clock uses UTC" it suggests that this feature should not be
checked in a Windows environment.

All of this can be overcome but we thought you might want to know about
these details.

Looking forward to using the latest and greatest from FSL land.

Clark