Dear all,
How can I know if my data is averaged on scanner?
I am working on 1.5T Siemens Sonata, I convert my DICOMs using MRIconvert to
4D nifti format. The file I get (before eddy_correct) has just 13 volumes
(1xb=0 and 12xb=1000), although my NEX is 4.

According to the TBSS-related paper (Smith et al., Nat Prot, March 2007) one
should avoid on-scanner averaging. Does it mean that after data conversion I
should get a file with 13x4 volumes (if I have 12 DW grad directions and 4
NEX), then eddy_correct them and average images with the same gradient
direction before brain mask creation?

Thank you for any suggestion,
Best,
Aga