On 22 Aug 2007, at 14:28, Suzanna Laycock wrote:

>> How much RAM do you have? Too little may actually stop the Desktop
>> from starting - it takes a while, and with insufficient RAM this
>> could take a LONG time.
>
> Only 1.12GB.  I'm looking into getting more, but I guess half the
> minimum would be insufficient based on what you've said.
>
> Suzanna
This is far too little. I have seen it running in 1.5GB, but any
sensible machine for this task MUST have 2GB upwards. The VM itself
requires 1GB of RAM, so Windows would be left with only 128MB.

Of course if you installed Linux on the computer to replace Windows
then this would be sufficient ;-)

Duncan

--
Duncan A B Mortimer DPhil MChem
                 Computing Officer, FMRIB Centre, University of Oxford,