Thanks very much Phil- your comments on both the broad and the specific
are very helpful, as always.  I think what we call the profile still
needs thought for the very reasons you mention (it's a thin, modular,
partial duck - it only has wings but my goodness they are great wings
for teaching and learning).  I won't reply in detail to your points
because I'll just go "Yeah, yeah".

As for my summer, well, it's kinda turning into a Dublin Core Summer:
while I am delighted with the response to our draft profile (it's so
much better than silence), all you clever folks are giving me more and
more work  :-)

Keep 'em coming, everyone.

S.

--